Total Pageviews

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 13 - Ormond Beach Florida

Hi All,

Logged 2.0 hours today, bringing my total upto 21 Hours. I arrived at the flight school around 10.30, i was due to fly at 12, so bill said we would go when i was ready and get in the air a little early. I also got a reply from the CAA today about my payment and they told me they had allocated Paul Thompson as the examiner.

We planned a flight to melrose, arrived about 1 mile to the north which was acceptable. From there, bill gave me a diversion to Hutson, i had calculated the flight to be around 13minutes 20 seconds, and sure enough, 13.3 Minutes later, we were over hudson. From there we practised steep turns, stalls, and did around an hour instrument work, partial panel, VOR tracking, NDB tracking, back to ormond and lined up an approach to runway 8 on the VOR.

2 Circuits, one soft field landing, and one flapless, both went fine. Pulled back up to the ramp

Ive got a busy day tommorow, 4 hours to fly, that will bring my total upto 25 Hours, i will then do my 170A flight on wednesday, and paul thompson will be here on thursday morning.

Ive gotta practice my passenger brief, you are expected to introduce yourself as "Captain XXXX" on a flight to " XXXX Airport", our flight time today will be "XXX" Minutes.

Then theres more about using the toilet, keeping dogs/kids on leads, smoking etc.

So, im getting a little knervous, knowing that ive only got 2 days left untill the checkride, and theres so many things that can go wrong!!!!

Talk soon,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment