Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 7 - Ormond Beach Florida

Hello,

Very good day today, logged 3.2 Hours, bringing my total upto 8 hours. I was up at 8am, arrived at the flightschool at 9. We had a long brief this morning on how to use the JAA Navigation Method with Elizabeth. It made a lot of sense as i didnt fully understand it at the start. Its a lot of whats in the ATPL theory, your track correction angle etc. Its a much easier way than what i had learned originally.

So, finished that and i got the aircraft preflighted, and we set off to an airport Called Melrose. Melrose is a private airport just to the east of Gainsville. I was a little off and the wind caught up on me and i ended up around 5nm left of track. Elizabeth said this was good, giving that it was my first Nav for a long time. We got to melrose, we did a circle around it pointing out the key features so i can recognise it in the future.

From there, we went to a place called Florahome, which is a small residential community just to the north of melrose.

Back under the hood for some instrument work, climbs descents, turns, Position fixes etc.

In total, that flight lasted 1.7

In the afternoon i was with bill, and he told me to plan to fly to an airport called Byrd. So again, planned out the nav log, i was pretty much on track all the way and the timing was good. I was then given a diversion to Flagler, I lost all timing on the way, and i got a little confused about my waypoints.
Its amazing how difficult a small calculation like 22/3 becomes when your being thrown around the sky. Bill said its like going to Disney Land for free.

When we got back on the ground, bill pointed out everything that i had done wrong, simple things, but they made a differency once you start adding everything up.

So tommorrow, Bill told me to plan to go to Apopka? Ive gotta go find it on the map first lol

Talk Tommorrow,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment