Total Pageviews

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 4 - Ormond Beach Florida

Hi All,

Due to fly at 11am this morning, but FAA turned up at school for an inspection, So that delayed us 40 minutes while bill went through everthing.

We got in the air for 11.50 and started by climbing out to the northeast of the field, did some more steep turns, did engine fire and engine failure drill.

We completed a few timed turns today, (simuating that you lost your Turn & Slip indicator), basically, if you do a rate one turn, you will be turning 3 Degrees per second, so 90degrees is in 30 seconds, they worked out pretty good.

Bill then put the hood on me and he asked me to climb upto 5000 whilst always maintaining a rate one turn to the left, kind of like a spiral climb, the cadet struggled around 4000ft with the OAT| well above 30C. I did approximately 1 hour under the hood, climbing, turning and descending. I was then asked to fix my position relative to the VOR, which i did, so i was instructed to follow the 330 Radial Outbound. There we did some more climbs and descents.

Bill then simulated we lost the Attitude indicator, which i always believed was rubbish upto now, but i really missed it!!!! especially turning and climbing.

After about 10 minutes, i got used to it, i was using my VSI for pitch and turn co-ordinator for roll.
I was never so glad to get the Attitude Indicator back. We picked up the 330 Radal again and got back to ormond, bill told me i can take the hood off at 10 Miles.

So today i logged 1.8, Total i have 4.8 Hours now, which is reasonable considering we had such a bad weeks weather. Bill is encouraging me to take the Warrior up solo so i can practice a little over the weekend!! So i may not have another entry untill monday!! But ill be sure to keep everyone posted.

Andrew

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amo enjoyed the read
    I had to wait to use the computer as Noah was Playing flightSim
    Kind regards james.

    ReplyDelete