Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 14 - Ormond Beach, Florida

Good Afternoon,

Well, today was suppose to be a busy day, up at 6am, got the school at 6,30, i was scheduled to fly 4 hours. I got my route to Apopka planned, and we were in the air by 8. We did our navigation to apopka, bill diverted me to skinner, then i got another diversion to flagler.

Some more general handeling, stalls, steep turns, instrument flying and back for short field landing, flapless and glide approach,

I was due to fly again at 1pm for another 2 hours. So i went to get something to eat and came back to find the aircraft was grounded. I asked bill what had happened - the engine cowling came off in flight. Lucky it held on untill they got above the runway, then it came off altogether and smashed off the runway.

So at the moment, its in maintenance, getting a repaired cowling fitted. Im due to fly at 8am in the morning for 2 hours, then to comlete my 170A flight with Stephen Fisher at 1pm. That will be the end of the course then.

I got an e-mail from paul thompson today, he will meet me at the airport at 10am, and we will fly from 12 untill 2.30. Its a long flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment