Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 9 - Ormond Beach Florida

Hi Again, Day 9 and in total ive logged 13.6 Hours.

The day started FREEZING at 6am, i was up and got to the flight school around 6.30. Aircraft preflighted and we were on our way to Mid Florida (its an airport, not just the middle of florida). Route started out great, on track most of the way down, great features to pinpoint your position. Then came a lot of lakes, a lot of bridges and a LOT of airfields. I got confused, and i started adjusting my heading all over the place. So eventually Elizabeth told me that i was going on track originally and i would have made it perfect. I found a race course and the airport was to the west of it. Once over the airport, she gave me a diversion to Flagler airport.

The checks you have to do for a diversion are ;

Time - Start Stopwatch
Turn - Onto your heading
Time - Local Time Noted

GEC - General Error Check
AM I - SAFE/LEGAL/VFR

Once halfway to flagler, i was given an engine failure, got set up pretty good, did the drills and checks and then when i asked elizabeth to fasten her seatbelt and simulate the door was unlatched, she shouted back "WHAT - CAN|T HEAR YOU", - i thought she was just being an awkward passenger, but when we got on the ground she told me that i had turned off the battery and then started a conversation with her - with the intercom off! - Wont do that again.


Second flight with bill was great, VFR to a small private airstrip called Haller, got their with no problem, he then diverted me to pierson, - got to pierson and he gave me an engine failure.

So, thats all for today, Im finished in the Piper Cadet now, im going onto the Arrow; its a 4 seater retractable complex aircraft. I will be doing my test in this.

 Ive also sent the £762 to the CAA today and applied for my skills test. Its set next thursday 14/10/10.


Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment